|| UTAH No relocation required Option to manage remotely
|| Full benefits package including 125 Cafeteria Plan, Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life, 401K, etc.
|| Full Time
Primary: Nursing Program Director
Secondary: Campus Executive Director
Responsibilities of the Online Program Director include: Coordination of all academic and administrative departmental activities to help ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department, carrying a teaching load, responsible for all departmental accreditation activities, making recommendations in the areas of planning, staffing, scheduling, supervising, curriculum development and improvement, and for the individual and collective professional development for his/her department. The Program Director has authority to hire and terminate employees. This position may be at a remote location from the college campus.
Doctorate prepared in Nursing or Education discipline, Masters Degree in Nursing, current Registered Nurse license in good standing, plus a minimum of 10 years nursing experience and at least 5 years' experience in nursing education, including online education within the last 10 years. Candidate should provide evidence of practice in the following areas:
1. Experience with online educational leadership. Preferably experience in managing online faculty;
2. Relocation is preferable, however for the right candidate, occasional travel to corporate offices and/or primary campus facility will be acceptable;
3. Experience in Private Sector Education is highly desirable;
4. Experience with external organizations such as nursing accrediting groups, government agencies, business and industry, and human service organizations;
5. Experience with curriculum development and successful preparation of a nursing program for accreditation;
6. Knowledge of principles, practices, current trends and health delivery of health care services;
7. Knowledge of principles and methods of adult education;
8. Strong leadership style and interpersonal skills;
9. Ability to collect and analyze data;
10. Excellent oral and written communication skills;
11. Highly organized, and detail-oriented, with the ability to consistently multi-task;
12. A professional committed to nursing education excellence.
1. Direct all online nursing faculty functions and activities to ensure compliance with nursing education standards established by regulatory agencies and adherence to institutional objectives and policies pertaining to nursing administration.
2. Coordinate, plan and manage all online faculty assignments and performance evaluations.
3. Oversee the selection of online nursing faculty, faculty placement, training and professional development.
4. Address student, faculty and administrative complaints and resolve problems.
5. Oversee online nursing curriculums, teaching methods of instruction, lesson plans, texts and course syllabi.
6. Coordinate, plan and manage the preparation of the Self-Study Report and Site Visit activities for NLNAC accreditation.
7. Successfully represent the college and online nursing program to state and national regulatory and accreditation agencies in order to bring maximum benefit to both the school and program.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. The position of Program Director is 40 hours per week position and may or may not require an occasional Saturday or holiday work as required.
2. Employment with institution is "at will" and employment may be terminated at any time with or without cause and without notice.
3. This is an EXEMPT position.